
This is a pic from yesterday’s frolic in the snow, which went well until baby-j decided that he wanted to get into the car. He loves the car lately—this bodes well for our upcoming Michigan holiday trip.
This was his reaction when he realized we wouldn’t be going into the car:


Today was a productive day, at least. baby-j was in daycare/preschool from 9:30-3:30, which will be a typical day once I return to teaching in January. I spent the time away from him in my office, alternately freaking out about being away from him for so long and working on revisions of my dissertation. I printed out my current hefty draft, which was interesting... it actually looks like a dissertation. I might actually finish it.
Back to daycare: I’m really so impressed with the one at my work. Ms. S has been AMAZING. This morning she stayed with baby-j in the regular classroom, knowing how much he hates the “combined” room. Then, when I went to pick him up, it looked like she had been hanging out with him during naptime. Though he takes 3-hour naps at home, he woke up early from his first attempt at naptime away from home. I think Ms. S sat down and hung out with him while the other kids slept, comforting baby-j. It’s times like these when I wish I could stay at home with him... but with the daycare at work, it feels like it’s the next best thing, which is really great.
4 comments:
Third snow - no fair. We got our first today. No time to play in it, but that didn't stop Cayla from eating it every chance she got. I put my foot down when she tried licking it off the back of the car at the end of the day (=2 highway trips).
And sooooooooooooo glad daycare is going well. We look forward to updates, scanned artwork, and all that comes with it.
Ah: I didn't make that clear. It's baby-j's third season of snow... his third "first" snow of ths season. Still confused? So am I. But I shall nevertheless change the title of this blog entry.
J, I don't know why you are trying to eat snow off your car. I like J to eat the snow off his car. But his mom says you can't eat snow off the car. He's crying because he wants to eat snow off his car. Maybe tomorrow.
Love,
Collin
Snow. He don't want to eat snow, so he's eating snow off his car. Snow. Snow. Snow is good for you.
Love,
Cayla
Post a Comment