We've been working on art and generally airing out the basement room the last few days. Also, there's been a whole lotta dancing. I created "j's Dance Playlist" on my MP3 player and apparently it is now the only music suitable for j to dance to. I hope to add more songs in and delete some so the adults in the house don't get bored. His favorite song right now is "Good Morning Starshine" from Hair, which he sings loudly in a scary sort of growl:gliddy glub gloopy nibby nabby noopy
la la la - lo lo
sabba sibbi sabba nooby aba naba
lee lee - lo lo
tooby ooby wala
nooby aba naba
early morning singing song
He'll dance to this at home, but he'll also growl it loudly, rocker-style, in the grocery store, prompting mostly startled looks. The only way I have so far discovered to get him to settle a bit is to sing the song to him softly. If I sing with him he'll sing it sans growl.
The other song he loves is "Groove is in the Heart," which does indeed include the line "Horton Hears a Who" (see, P?).
No comments:
Post a Comment