Saturday, November 08, 2008

happy weekend, happy tuesday

Last weekend was a good one, and it was followed by an even better week. Tuesday night... I can't tell you how ecstatic I was to hear the words "President Elect Obama." And you know what? It Still Feels Good. (This Judith Warner piece, especially the picture, is really fantastic too.)

I really should be in bed right now--just 20 more minutes while I wait for the laundry to finish. Here are some pictures of last weekend. On Saturday we raked leaves (still far too many left, though) and our boy danced among them wearing many stripes.


Then, on Sunday, we headed back to PA to visit our old neighbors L and S, who will be moving themselves next month to South Carolina to be with their sons. Friday was S's birthday, so j helped me bake some pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting. There was a lot of pouring water to and from measuring cups, and he insisted that I put powdered sugar on his face.


Then it was off to PA. As we neared the end of Jersey, we saw some beautiful hot air balloons, and I was able to grab a few shots while racing along the highway.


(Click on the images to make them larger.)

No comments: