Monday, December 22, 2008

snow-eating

School has ended for me and for P; j has school until tomorrow, the 23rd. These are some pictures from this weekend, when we were pretty much snowed in for three days. As in years past, there was much snow-eating. Snow-eating, I’ve found, is the outdoor equivalent of paper-eating, which is j’s indoor fascination. He’s even found himself a corner of the room, behind the living room curtain, in which he crumbles, munches, and then disposes of spitballs in one of my many plants. Yes, this is my amazing, spectacular child.


The snowflakes have been my project with j, who has learned to use scissors quite well at school. Scissor-wrangling was not even on my radar screen (What do you mean, scissors? He’s only 3!), so I’m glad that he’s been learning at school. So the snowflakes you see on the window are my creation; however, j will do quite a bit of cutting on his own (mostly ribbon). He’s also been helping me tape as I wrap presents--since I recycle catalogs for wrapping paper, this usually means putting tape over the models’ eyes--and he’s also been monitoring the Christmas lights that are taped to the windows. They inevitably fall off (loudly, too--as a family we’re just starting to learn not to jump when they unexpectedly drop), so it’s good to have someone eager to tape them back onto the windows.

We’re headed to Michigan this weekend just after Christmas, and are very excited (yet completely unprepared, as usual) for the trip.

No comments: