Quick update. Spring Concert went well, and the rowing regatta also went well: my crew got the fastest time for those in our (admittedly very specific) category of 3 women, 1 man. But we also had the fourth-fastest time in 16 boats, so that was good. And I even got a medal and everything. I mentioned to my mom that this was the first time I'd ever won anything for an athletic event, and she pointed out that it was the first time I'd entered an athletic event. Which is not exactly true--there was some swimming when I was about 7, but other than that, the rowing was pretty much about it. Call me a proud dork.
So I'm joining the rowing club. I went to my first open row on Wednesday (you just show up and get in a boat with whoever is there, whether it's a 4-person or 8-person boat), and I love it. It's about the only few hours a week when I do not even think about work, and with the way I obsess over things, that is a gift. Also, I'm meeting lots of people. P and I had breakfast at the local coffeee shop this morning and we're starting to recognize many of the people who come in. We're enjoying the sense of community.
j only has 2 more weeks of school, and next week there's a graduation/moving up celebration for which he has been assiduously practicing. He's singing three songs with the class--the ever-popular "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," which he loves, as well as "Mr. Sun" and "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider." If I can get some video of the performance, I'll share here. But for now, I leave you with some video of a bathtub performance of big band tunes. (Warning: the last 10 seconds are a bit loud.) Enjoy.
2 comments:
i love my cousni. iremembr whnen we p,layed at your house and then we went on a train.
collin
i love baby j. iiked ed yooour singkig. ccccccccccccccc
cahyla
Post a Comment