Wednesday, June 02, 2010

big boy room

The big boy room is almost done. Here is the closet, which will never again look this clean, I am sure.

I put labels on his drawers on a whim, but now that he's recognizing and reading words, he seemed pretty excited by it. He likes to read off the labels to me. He did get a little upset that I initially decided to place his bathing suits on the top shelves, so we worked on an additional "bathing suits" label and placed them in a drawer, too.

j has been sleeping in the new room for about 5-6 nights, and we haven't had any problems so far. He likes having the space, I think, and hasn't expressed any desire to go back to the other room. Now on to cleaning up that room--future baby room--which has become a mess of old j-things that I probably need to throw out, and a whole lot of bedding that we really don't use. P has been great about the many projects we've already accomplished, though there are many more to do in the upcoming months. Last weekend was the Memorial Day weekend, and we spent far too much of it organizing things around the house.

But not this weekend. P and I are headed to San Francisco and the Sonoma Valley to attend the wedding of a good old friend. Since the trip was so expensive, it's also sort of serving as a tenth anniversary trip, too (we celebrate 10 years next month!). We're looking forward to the mini-vacation, despite my increased hatred of flying.

No comments: