Sunday, August 20, 2006

pots and pans


Thought I'd post this picture that P got about a month back. What is up with the opening of cabinets? baby-j is way into them; I just assume that most babies/toddlers are. He loves opening doors and pulling crap out: in this case, all of P's pots and pans. Though we've been here almost four months, there's still quite a bit to do, including some baby-proofing. Not latching cabinet doors--that would make too much sense--but rather, attaching cabinets to walls so baby-j doesn't pull them down on himself. There have been a couple of instances of baby-j almost being crushed by cheap, filmsy cabinetry in his room... but both were caught in time. I never knew I could move so fast. Once, in my younger days, I climbed aboard my father's running lawnmower and the thing took off in the backyard. I never saw your father hustle so fast, is what my mother always says.

2 comments:

Erica said...

It's a good thing he doesn't have access to our hair bench (123 barrettes, 543 rubber bands, various bottles of spray, lotion . . . ). I'm about ready to paddlock it myself. Collin and Cayla prefer it to their toys anyday!

laj said...

That is true! He's into brushes, too. I showed him how to brush hair the other day and now he's hooked. Soon he will be stylin' hair like the incomparable Miss Cayla.

Ooo, a hair bench! Me likey! :)