I’ve realized in the past week that I am officially addicted to caffeine, at least in the morning.
I have also realized that a counter-attack of three Advil is too much for me to handle. That’s twice now I’ve gone from super-headachey to super-woozy. Note to self: gradually back off caffeine. And Advil.
In other news, baby-j knows his letters! On the long drive back from Michigan, we went to a restaurant; its name was printed in large letters on the wall. Baby-j looked up, and proudly announced “S. A. L. S. I. T. A. S.” It’s a fun word to say, or at least it must be for me and P, since we like to randomly exclaim Salsitas! anytime baby-j works on spelling out letters.
I didn’t plan on referring to Everyone Poops yet again, but the cover provides more good spelling practice for baby-j:
(from left to right...) "E. V. E. R. Y. O. N. E. (and then, moving down and going right to left on the second line...) S. P. O. O. P."
By now, you have probably concluded (correctly) that my toilet-training strategy (if it can be called that) consists of peppering conversation with the word "poop" as much as possible. I’ve been encouraging baby-j to wave “bye bye” to the contents of his diaper when we flush them down the toilet. “Bye bye poose!” he calls as he waves. Not sure if he gets the connection, though, since he seems to be using “bye bye poose” when bidding farewell to people, too.
1 comment:
Be careful. Our poop talk that started at age 2 has yet to subside. We no longer just say things like, "Bye, poop!", but have entire conversations about the contents of the toliet. I'm thinking J needs a scat identification book for Christmas - poop and lots of letters!
Post a Comment