Friday, December 07, 2007

anti-latte


Ah, the latte. It looks innocent enough, doesn't it? Unfortunately, I consumed what will likely be my last this past Tuesday, December 4th due to what I assume was food poisoning.

There's a Starbucks in the library of our grad school where I went to write for a bit before meeting with my advisor Tuesday night. After drinking my latte, I immediately felt ill. I've been in bed with extreme nausea and a massive headache since. This afternoon I began to feel better, though. Even resumed eating solid foods this morning. Whoo-hoo!

I had actually been working on eliminating most of the milk from my diet (not the cheese, though--I can never give up the cheese). I had pretty much stopped getting lattes. I really don't know what I was thinking, getting one earlier this week.

Anyway, P, as usual, was totally awesome in assuming all household duties, including taking baby-j back and forth to school... how fortunate that we had school, because I was not in any condition to take care of him.

In other news: in case you needed it, here's one more reason to hate "The View." This should go without saying, especially if you've read this post and that post, but should he desire it, baby-j can wear all the dresses he'd like, in school, out of school, whatever. I really can't believe we're having these conversations in 2007, but then, I guess I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so timely. I hadn't heard about The View (I live in a bubble). Anyway, Collin loves dresses and tights and pink sparkly things (and soccer jerseys and soccer shorts and Air Jordans). And, I've yet to let him walk out of the house in a dress. It's not him - it's me. I just can't do it. I also can't bring myself to tell him he can't wear a dress out. How's that for a cop out. He frequently wears tights, soccer shorts, scoop neck sparkly shirts, and a soccer jersey - yes, all in the same outfit. We must talk at Christmas.

-Erica

laj said...

Hmm. Your comment is making me re-think the self-righteousness of my post. I wrote that baby-j could wear a dress "in school, out of school, wherever"... *but* the "wherever" would give me pause, too. I was really envisioning him playing dress-up at home or at school. I didn't think about, say, the grocery store which--once we move--will likely be located in a more conservative town than we're accustomed. We'll tawk. :)