
Ok, so I suck at blending photos together. But here's an update of what the kitchen looks like now, several days after it was demolished. We're still in progress, as you can see, but at least we don't have appliances and boxes of cabinets in our living room. We are waiting on a floor, countertops, some paint, and a sink. The sink is really crucial, since we're still operating out of the bathroom sink. In case you didn't know, there are many, many problems with the bathroom and the kitchen being in the same room.
I don't think I ever explained why we are getting a new kitchen (and why we knew we'd get a new kitchen when we decided to buy the house). I mean, really, the kitchen didn't look too bad before. Well, it's all about the oven. It was tiny--really tiny. So tiny that I couldn't fit a cookie sheet in there. We'd had an oven like it before, when P and I first moved in together and lived in an itsy bitsy 300 sq. ft. apartment in Manhattan. It took him something like 18 hours to cook a Thanksgiving turkey in there since you couldn't close the oven door with the pan inside. So we decided that we had to have a regular-sized oven, which mean pulling out at least the surrounding cabinets in order to fit, and if you do that, you kind of want the upper cabinets to match, and then, well... you know how it goes. You start out small, and pretty soon you find yourself in the bathroom kitchen, making coffee above a potty seat and removing the Band-Aids so you have space on the shelf for the peanut butter.
No comments:
Post a Comment