Wednesday, April 23, 2008

family portrait


This was my attempt to depict our family. Though it may be hard to believe, it took me a mere 2 minutes to draw (that's pretty much all I have before baby-j wrests the crayons away from me). You'd think that P would have taken such time constraints into consideration when evaluating my work, but no. He took issue with the pointy-ness of the goatee, the curliness of the hair, and the accuracy of the eyes. "Are you criticizing my art?" I asked. "I just question the realism of your interpretation," he replied.

He did make me and baby-j the most fantastic after-school, pre-dissertation-defense snacks last week. I just got the pictures off my camera.

Here's mine:


And here's baby-j's:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I might even defend your dissertation for that yummy spread.

And, I see no family portrait?!?!?

-erica

laj said...

Hmm. I see the picture on the two computers we have here at home. Is it still not showing up for you?

Anonymous said...

I see it now. Nice drawing. Peter sort of looks like an elf.