
Hooray! After a few days, the wonderful techie-dudes at work located my lost files and pictures and hooked me up with a new laptop. I like this new PC is nice, which is good since I don’t have a choice anyway. Going Mac isn’t an option unless we buy one for personal use once our home desktop finally dies... but I have to admit feeling a bit of computer-envy when I look over at P’s Mac from work.
Over vacation I only got to 3 books this year: The Yiddish Policemen’s Union (good), Bel Canto (good), and Saturday (great). I’m updating my Shelfari now, but M’s post and my conversation with N last month are making me think I should also check out Goodreads. Is the interface better than Shelfari?
We’ve had a pretty good week over here. j and I have been playing with the birthday presents. From Grandma and Grandpa: a fantastic dollhouse with people who, according to j, like to eat a red flower for every sit-down meal. From the cousins and aunts: a birthday bubble set, complete with food coloring, soap, glycerin, and mixer. Those neon colors are sweet, guys. Thanks--j and his mama love them.
3 comments:
Congratulations on the new laptop and the saved files!
Here are my reasons Goodreads trumps Shelfari:
1. Interface is better and cleaner.
2. Shelfari seems to be more about commenting with other people on books, Goodreads allows you to be more solitary.
3. You can add books from amazon with a bookmarked link.
4. Up until recently, Shelfari made it difficult to just get a description of the book. I see they've changed that...they stole it from Goodreads :)
Thanks for the explanation--I'm going to have to check out Goodreads now.
And thanks for posting to your blog: I'm enjoying it.
Oh.my.gosh. "The Artful Parent" blog is fabulous. I love it. I mean, I feel more than a bit inadequate, but I love it!
Post a Comment