We had a nice weekend, even if we’ve ended it a little bit sick. Yesterday we went to a park in an area where I hadn’t been with j for a year and a half. It’s a great park, full of many things to climb on. And j was so great--such a huge change from last year, when we were on pins and needles taking him to a park for fear he would grab another kid. He’s just awesome. He runs around the place and peers around the equipment, like You see me, Daddy?I got a new coffeemaker for the holidays and though I'm still not sure what I think about it, it’s very easy to use. Now that j knows how to use it, he insists on making me coffee, even more than he did before. Mama, you want some coffee? Ok! You want coffee! It’s the first thing he asks when I wake up, when we enter the house, and at night when he’s bored. I’ve been trying to crack my coffee addiction, but j is an enabler. He likes to push the button to turn on the machine, watch it come out (There’s the coffee! Mama, I did it! Yea!), spoon sugar into the cup, and stir in the soy milk. Then there is the inevitable spilling (we’re still working on gentle stirring), but he loves to pull out a towel and wipe up afterwards. He is definitely in training for a life in the kitchen.
Speaking of (my own self-imposed, half-hearted) kitchen training, I made a soy-lime tempeh stir-fry on Saturday. We discovered that P is not too hip on tempeh--or at least when I make it--but I can’t really blame him. I liked it a lot, but I can see how not everyone would. However, we both liked the cauliflower and potato curry I made earlier in the week, so I’ll have to keep going with the Indian recipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment