It's been a week since the Row for the Cure and I haven't gotten a chance to post. It went well. My novice 8 had a respectable time of 29 min. 41 sec. for the 5K course, beating our competition by about 4 minutes. The other team was actually a fit-looking high school team, so we old-timers thought we were doomed; however, we ended up passing them easily at the turnaround. As you can see, the weather was not thrilling, but the rain was light enough that it didn't interfere too much with our row. We all got another medal (with a pink RFTC ribbon). Also, the day before the row, the organizer said she heard that I sing and so I ended up singing the national anthem to kick off the event (at 8:30 am).
Most importantly, the club raised over $12,000 for breast cancer research! Thank you to those who donated!
No comments:
Post a Comment