
It's morning, I'm trying to do work, and all I can think about is just how sweet baby-j is. He's currently munching on a book and eyeing me as I type. It's truly amazing to me that I have started to just love mornings--at least, those mornings when I know that I'll be with him. Mornings when I have to drive an hour and a half to get to work... not so much.
I used to be a night owl; I got my best work done at night, sometime long after P went to bed. Now? I love these mornings with baby-j, even if it's been a rough night. I know that mornings are his best times; he's most likely to contentedly explore and less likely to get frustrated doing so. I wasn't disillusioned about how my life would change by having him, but I have to admit that turning into (somewhat of) a morning person was a big surprise. I thought that the early rising would be the most miserable part of being a mother. Turns out to be just the opposite.
Of course, it helps that it's so nice outside. The balcony door is open and the air is wonderful. A happy spring day.
No comments:
Post a Comment