Friday, April 21, 2006

moving day


Moving Day is quickly approaching and we have so much to do until then! The attic is getting finished slowly but surely. I have to say that I am so impressed with P. He's been working so hard to get it ready for us. Check out the "before" photo; the soon-to-be posted "after" shot will be much more impressive. :)

This is the third time we've moved in two years (yikes!), and each time has been in April/May. There's something exciting about moving--I've always loved it--but this time is admittedly more difficult than times in the past. Trying to get things cleaned up with an 8-month-old in tow is not easy. But even so, I have to say that moving is always appealing to me. The idea of starting over in a new space brings with it such possibility. It's probably connected to my perceived appeal about teaching, in which I start afresh each new September (and, as a college teacher, each January as well) and erase old memories, old grades, old students, old furniture.

No comments: