I am so grateful that my in-laws are here; they've been doing amazing work in our backyard the last few days. Yesterday, their presence was a blessing as well since P. and I were at the Wound Center and then the dermatologist all morning--as well as a good part of the afternoon--and they were able to look after baby-j.
The Wound Center was wonderful, though there was a moment yesterday when I thought I'd have to stop breastfeeding due to the topical antibiotic I was prescribed for the bite. However, after checking it out with the pediatrician, I can take the medication--cautiously, of course. There's now also a nasty water blister above the bite, and it turns out that many of the pustules (I know, it's disgusting) around the wound are probably poison ivy. Said pustules are also on my right arm, right leg and ankle, and now my stomach and some of my chest. The dermatologist prescribed a steroid cream for that--also safe for breastfeeding, according to his instructions, but again with caution.
This morning I still feel terrible, but at least I know we've amped up the treatment. P. found some spots on baby-j that we think may be poison ivy, though on the phone the pediatrician says it's unlikely... but to contact her if it gets worse.
Can this situation get any worse? I didn't think so a few days ago, but now I'm not so confident.
No comments:
Post a Comment