Wednesday, June 14, 2006

breastfeed or else


A link to yesterday's New York Times article about the new campaign for breastfeeding:

Breastfeed or Else

As often happens with NY Times articles that I miss, P. informed me about this one. It's pretty good and pretty balanced about BFing, though I do hate that the mothers interviewed are the extreme--the mom who basically gives up her life in order to breastfeed her kids on one hand, and the mom who feels guilty about "not producing enough milk" (whether or not this is actually the case is not clear... actually seems like she had a misinformed pediatrician in the article). Anyway, it brought up conversation for us (for us new parents, serious conversation is now limited to whispers in the dark so that the babe doesn't wake up). :)

baby-j and I went to an LLL meeting this morning, so that is, I'm sure, why a lot of this is on my mind.

No comments: