We’re spending some time at the shore with pardeepantsmom and pardeepantsdad. Happily, our friends D and N have visited us (twice in a week!) to spend a couple days.
baby-j went in the ocean for the first time yesterday, and he wasn’t scared. The first time he went to the pool he wasn’t scared either. pardeepantsmom took baby-j in at the pool near her condo, and there was a woman who asked how old baby-j was. “10 months,” I said. “Mine loved the water at that age,” she said. “The next year, he hated it.”
Do people realize how they sound, I wonder? That she’s just implied that baby-j will also soon learn to hate water?
As usual, perhaps I am simply being too sensitive. Water and swimming are a big part of my (good) childhood memories, and baby-j’s uncle and great-aunt are both competitive swimmers, so it’s a big deal to me that baby-j enjoy water. And of course, P will jump into any body of water, no matter how cold. That man is an animal. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment